While many sailing programs in the area focus on racing, most of our clients are primarily interested in cruising. Some have gone on to achieve certifications for bare-boat chartering in the Mediterranean or Caribbean. Others have purchased large sailboats of their own for cruising with family and friends. You will gain proficiency and confidence in many areas:
- Terminology - the language of sailing
- Marlinspike - knots, hitches, bends commonly used in boating
- Handling under power & in tight quarters – usually the most nerve-wracking part of boating
- Boat systems – how does the “head” work? Care & feeding of a diesel engine
- Sail handling – upwind, downwind, across the wind, reefing, optimizing sail trim
- Safety – Rules of the road, weather, heavy weather tactics, man-overboard retrieval
- Coastal navigation
And if you want to do some racing, we can do that too.
See our list of courses.